On-camera Talent Casting Call for 2024
Attention kids and adults: We’re looking for a few good volunteer anchors and reporters to complete our on-camera cadre for the Discovery Mountain Broadcast Pavilion at the International Pathfinder Camporee.
Last Updated: September 27, 2023
What you’ll do
Discovery Mountain has teamed up with the 2024 International Pathfinder Camporee to broadcast this world-renowned event around the globe. This casting call supports Discovery Mountain’s Broadcast Pavilion. You’ll work with our producers, writers and editors to create and deliver high-quality, engaging content for a worldwide audience watching on TV and the internet—daily for five nights August 6-10, 2024. This casting call is for on-camera roles.
Available Volunteer Roles
|Main Anchors||18+||Main anchors will help lead each day’s live programming from the Discovery Mountain Broadcast Pavilion, introducing reporter packages, interviewing guests and helping to fill voids between Camporee Main Stage programming. Main anchors are comfortable reading from teleprompters, ad-libbing and taking direction.|
|Youth Anchors||12-18||Youth anchors will help main anchors by delivering selected content with the kind of enthusiasm only they can bring. Most of this will happen at the Discovery Mountain Broadcast Pavilion. But some of it might happen elsewhere, such as backstage or somewhere in the middle of the 55,000 people attending each night’s Main Stage program. Our producers and writers will help.|
|Field Reporters||12-18||Field reporters will be our eyes, ears and feet for some of the coolest things happening at Camporee. You’ll be a roving journalist covering events, contests and competitions around town. Every day, you’ll work with a professional producer/editor to shoot a TV story capturing the very best of Camporee’s sights and sounds. You might even double as a youth anchor.|
- Has a personal walk with Jesus
- Demonstrates an engaging stage presence appropriate for TV
- Comfortable learning the ins and outs of live TV production
- Able to consistently represent the values of Discovery Mountain, International Camporee, and the Voice of Prophecy for a public audience
- Able to volunteer 1-2 weeks between May 1, 2024 and June 30, 2024 for pre-production
- Able to volunteer 2 weeks between July 1 and August 12, 2024 for rehearsals and production (virtual and on-location in Gillette, Wyoming)
- Must pass a comprehensive background check
- Must submit audition and application by December 31, 2023
How to Audition & What to Expect
See the audition form below. Audition right from home with a phone or computer. Once you submit your application and audition, hang tight. It could be a few months before we contact finalists and people who don’t make the cut. This casting call closes at 12 a.m. on January 1, 2024.
Remember: we’re looking for dynamic energy, good annunciation, and a healthy dose of enthusiasm. Think about your favorite TV anchors or reporters. And remember to breathe. Ready…set…go!